Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MCromer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2010
Hello. I have a Mac-Mini Intel Core 2 Duo running OSX 10.6.3. Upon rebooting the machine wont load to the desktop and simply hangs on the spinning wheel under the silver apple. Before the machine was rebooted there was a system message that said, " System extension cannot be used The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleBluetoothHIDKeyboard.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update." I have never seen this message before and now the machine won't boot passed that load screen. I have run Disk Utility from the install DVD and did a repair permissions and a repair disk and they both came back clean. I also attempted to boot from "safe mode" and that hung on that load screen as well. Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you.

MCromer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2010
Thank you HellHammer. Big Emperor fan. Anyway, I was afraid you'd say that. There has been no time machine backup done on this machine. Is there anyway I can get the Documents and applications on a external hard drive or another mac and then reimport them onto the bad machine after a clean install without screwing it up again?

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Thank you HellHammer. Big Emperor fan. Anyway, I was afraid you'd say that. There has been no time machine backup done on this machine. Is there anyway I can get the Documents and applications on a external hard drive or another mac and then reimport them onto the bad machine after a clean install without screwing it up again?

Use Target Disk Mode. Reinstalling OS X doesn't delete files unless you wipe the HD. Of course if the HD is busted, you may lose everything

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.