Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

underdogadam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2010
Hey Guys,

been reading the site and forums for years, never had an issue so confusing i couldn't find it in an old post before, but here we go:

Roommate has an early Intel mac mini. We were trying to organize years of music files. I copied over some Garageband files from 5 years ago from an external i had, files i hadn't touched in years either, i don't know what version of Garageband, just that the music files are 5 years old.

Everything was fine until i tried to open one of the Garageband files. It never opened, just beachballed. After a force quit, everything still beachballed. After a RESTART, everything still beachballed. even opening a folder takes 5-10 minutes now, depending on the content.

really crazy situation, and i feel horrible since i was trying to help the kid get organized and i screwed something up. any suggestions would be helpful.

-Adam.

underdogadam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2010
more detail:

they were Garageband 2 files, opening with Garageband 06 (3?) stupid garageband. we're a Logic Studio household now, we just couldn't afford it then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.