Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Teenso

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2020
Hi. I'm experiencing some issues with my MBP and some programs. I currently have Mojave and if it was for me I will still use the previous OS before the Mojave update. I have my views and opinion that Apple uses the OS ugrades to make the computers slower and buggy to finally making it obsolete. I love my MBP and I would hate to download the latest OS to make my computer slower so they can force me to purchase a new MBP.

I would like to see if anyone of the community has downloaded the OS Catalina on their MPB specifcly 2015 or earlier and tell me their thoughts.

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Most of the issues concerning Mojave (slow downs) are because Mojave formats your drive to APFS. Not a problem if you have a SSD but definitely a problem with spinning drives.

As for Catalina..... If you're having issues with Mojave why are you considering upgrading to Catalina? Also, 32 bit apps will not run on Catalina.

And it seems you have posted this twice. (cross post)

Reactions: Teenso

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
Hi. I'm experiencing some issues with my MBP and some programs. I currently have Mojave and if it was for me I will still use the previous OS before the Mojave update. I have my views and opinion that Apple uses the OS ugrades to make the computers slower and buggy to finally making it obsolete. I love my MBP and I would hate to download the latest OS to make my computer slower so they can force me to purchase a new MBP.

I would like to see if anyone of the community has downloaded the OS Catalina on their MPB specifcly 2015 or earlier and tell me their thoughts.

I ran Mojave on my 2015 13” MacBook Pro and it ran fine on it. I did not experience any slow downs running Mojave. I am running Catalina on the 2015 13” MacBook Pro and it runs fine, there are some quirks in Catalina though like fast user switching is not quick like it was in Mojave. And iTunes has been replaced with the Music and TV App in Catalina, although you can unofficially run iTunes on Catalina with a program called Retroactive. When was the last time you did a clean install on your computer? Maybe you want to consider doing a clean install of Mojave. I usually do clean installs for major OS versions I install.

robvas

macrumors 68040
Mar 29, 2009
USA
I have it on my 2015, works fine but I wouldn't have minded just sticking with Mojave. I lost a couple 32-bit apps.

Reactions: choreo

Teenso

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2020
Most of the issues concerning Mojave (slow downs) are because Mojave formats your drive to APFS. Not a problem if you have a SSD but definitely a problem with spinning drives.

As for Catalina..... If you're having issues with Mojave why are you considering upgrading to Catalina? Also, 32 bit apps will not run on Catalina.

And it seems you have posted this twice. (cross post)
Yes I did post it twice. I was running on posts like a chicken with out a head. I was having issues with a specific app that if can't have it working properly than I don't get paid so that's why the cross post.

As for the reason behind the questions it was because I was just doing the old fashion Tech support rule of thumb, Restart, check for updates, un-install and install the app , upgrade the OS, Restore machine to default.

posguy99

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2004
Yes I did post it twice. I was running on posts like a chicken with out a head. I was having issues with a specific app that if can't have it working properly than I don't get paid so that's why the cross post.
But you didn't answer his question. Why do you think you want to install Catalina?

Reactions: bernuli
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.