Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chrisjmv

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 9, 2016
Hey there, does anyone know a good Video Splitter for Mac OS (maybe also M1 support) that allows me to cut multiple videos maybe in Batch Process every 10, 15, 30, 60 seconds etc?

Is there anything like that available that you can recommend? I need to cut full lengths Videos of 5min, 10min etc. into smaller parts for previews etc.

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
Besides QuickTime Player, I’ve used some other apps that can split video files (LosslessCut, VidCutter, Avidemux), but I’m not aware of any that can do what you need.
You can look for an AppleScript that uses QuickTime Player to split files or use ffmpeg that can be easily turned into a Quick Action.
For example, splitting a movie into 1 minute segments:

Code:
ffmpeg -i FullMovie.mp4 -c copy -map 0 -segment_time 00:01:00 -f segment -reset_timestamps 1 segment%03d.mp4

and script for Quick Action

Code:
for f in "$@"
do
/usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -i "$f" -c copy -map 0 -segment_time 00:01:00 -f segment -reset_timestamps 1 segment%03d.mp4
done
SplitMovie.jpg

Chrisjmv

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 9, 2016
found an App in the MacOS AppStore that is what I was looking for, thank you also so much for your help @bogdanw

Reactions: ConfusedChris
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.