Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacLuver23

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2001
I have just upgraded to Mac OS X 10.1.3 and when I go to startup Classic it gives me an extention error and tells me to restart with extentions off, I follow the insructions about turning extentions off in classic from apple's help menu and Classic Acts like it is starting up but then stops and the progress meter in the outer window moves but the OS 9 meter inside the window stays still! I have Mac OS 9.2.2 can anybody HELP ME!?

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
Ive had that same problem

I have had that same problem for a while. Classic wont start or finnish starting up most of the times. And sometimes it works. I dont get it. I never use Classic any more so I dont really care to much anyway. I just start it up with the extentions turned off and run that way. The few apps that I use in classic dont need the extentions on any way. Im going to re-partition my drive soon so I but when I do a clean install of 9.2.2 and 10.1.3 with only a few Apps in 9.2.2, I bet it well work. Its probably one bad extention that wont work in classic mode.... thats my guess. If you want to try and fix it... I sugest that you take out 1/2 your extentions at a time and try to narrow it down to which one is doing it.

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
As lame as this is:

OS X and OS 9 REALLY don't like sharing file tree territory. If you can, keep them on completely different drives. If you have no room for a second drive, partition off 5-10Gb for OS 9. Try to segregate your Apps along these lines too.

MacLuver23

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2001
I have a 20GB Mac HD, and a 80 GB Seagate (startup) and a Maxtor 80 GB (firewire) I don't really wanna start all over agian but when i change the startup disk to 9.2 it starts up fully, icons load, desktop is there, HD apears, but then i have to force quit "it says that the extention "Web File Sharing" was force quited (which i did) but without force quiting the computer pauses, i need help, thats everyone who tried! I have a G4 tower 466mhz

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.