Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mustang_dvs

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2003
Durham, NC
centauratlas: Let's just say that I've seen both (no, not through P2P networking) and there are a significant number of differences between 7C107 and 7C103.

Going into those changes in a public (or non-ADC) forum, however, will run the risk of losing a $3,000 ADC membership, which I have no intention of doing.

7C103, from what I gather, has made its way, in a big way, onto the P2P services, which is why most people who claim to be "in the know" reference it. 7C107 is just making its way onto those networks (a poor decision by those distributing it) and has yet to make an impact beyond the developer community.

One poster in this forum had posted, verbatim, the 7C107 seed notes for ADC members, but I PM'd them and asked that they change the post, for their own sake. Trust me, 7C107 is real and noteworthy.

rauf

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2003
Kiwiland now - it's the best.
Installed 10.3.1 update to my iBook (G4 800, 640Mb Ram), no hassles at all.

Incidentally, the iBook G4 is the first ever troublesome bit of hardware from apple I've ever bought (wierd missing airport networking first time, then trackpad jumpy second time). Two bug ridden attempts at installing Panther, tried all sorts, but eventually zapping the PRAM did the trick.

10.3.1 works a treat, totally hassle free as far as I can tell in the last hour or so of use.

cjohnson

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2003
I currently have 7C103 installed, but the final 10.3.1 does not show up when I check Software Update. I have tried removing the receipt pkg, but no luck.

Any ideas?

mustang_dvs

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2003
Durham, NC
Originally posted by cjohnson
I currently have 7C103 installed, but the final 10.3.1 does not show up when I check Software Update. I have tried removing the receipt pkg, but no luck.

You can find the stand-alone 10.3.1 Update in their Software Updates section of http://www.apple.com/support .
The direct link for the file is: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n120271

Not to sound snooty, but this is another example of why downloading Operating System software off of P2P networks is a bad idea. Developers can take the risk of playing with these pre-release builds because we're expected to find bugs and Apple delivers incremental developer updates to fix any problems that pop up. End users never see those updates (or at least aren't supposed to) because they aren't expected to have installed the pre-release builds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.