Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Malamutt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Didn't realize this till someone else pointed it out that you couldn't use a 10.3.9 machine to activate their new iPhone.

This made me think that just like 10.3.9 and almost all 10.4 apps are compatible. My guess is that Apple originally planned on the iPhone running on 10.5 and not anything less then the last update to 10.4 which at this point will most likely be 10.4.11.

Which makes me believe we may not see anything really cool for the iPhone or new iPods until 10.5 comes out in October.

FYI: October 2, 2007 is the Starbucks launch for Wifi Music-Store, not sure why they didn't call it WifiTunes but that's another post. Normally Apple has a plan in mind in advance anyone want to speculate what else is released that day? Leopard release date announced? iTunes 8? anyone? It does fall on a Tuesday. Notice that the new iPod Touch didn't show any games today but the new iPod Nano did.

:apple:Malamutt

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.