Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
sorry for putting people asleep with my long winded post

No problem...in any event, I have no problem with flash being farther optimized. Although I do still hate sites like the Sony site that we were discussing that are all cutesy stupid fluff, and I am going to hate them no matter how fast the stupid wheel spins around. Sites like the Garmin site that was linked use Flash well enough and I have no problem with them. :)

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Count me in among those that hope this update fixes the networking bugs still left in Tiger... I'm looking forward to this update.

dernhelm

macrumors 68000
May 20, 2002
middle earth
I'm beginning to think that 10.5 is going to be released with Vista. Apple may be leveraging its press.

I like it.

You mean the "consumer" version of Vista. There is already a version of Vista shipping but only being sold to large (stupid) corporations. It is also available as a download to those with MSDN subscriptions. I have a released version of Vista Ultimate installed on my machine right now (in a VM).

But I don't think Apple releases Tiger in January. I think you are looking at an early March release date. The worst thing apple could do is rush things just to beat Microsoft to market. I've worked with Vista, and there is simply nothing there that Apple needs to rush things for. If Apple is smart, they let Vista arrive with a resounding thud, let the dust clear the air, then soar overhead with Tiger a little more than a month later.

Look forward to Apple spilling the beans on the "rest" of the OS/X features they kept under wraps at MacWorld, but don't expect them to ship.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
That site's very fast on my iBook G4 / 800. In fact only a slight difference between my iBook and my iMac G5. Are you really having problems with it?

Just the same old "menus-going-behind-the-flash" problem.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 95

FarmerBob

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2004
...eh... about to download...

...this where they break tiger so that we truly appreciate leopard.

They broke Tiger and I have been saying this for a long time (10.4.4 at least) in the Apple Discussion Groups and the posts have not been pulled.

So . . . . :rolleyes:

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Just the same old "menus-going-behind-the-flash" problem.

I know the predilection is to blame 10.4.8 and Flash, but....

I tried this on my iMac G5 and my iBook G4, both 10.4.8, and I tried FF2 and the latest Safari on both of them. Flash 9, I believe, also on both of them (BTW, how do you tell what version of Flash you have?).

Anyway, across those four configs (iBook/FF, iBook/Saf, iMac/FF, iMac/Saf), none of them displayed this behavior....

madmax_2069

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2005
Springfield Ohio
I know the predilection is to blame 10.4.8 and Flash, but....

I tried this on my iMac G5 and my iBook G4, both 10.4.8, and I tried FF2 and the latest Safari on both of them. Flash 9, I believe, also on both of them (BTW, how do you tell what version of Flash you have?).

Anyway, across those four configs (iBook/FF, iBook/Saf, iMac/FF, iMac/Saf), none of them displayed this behavior....

Make shure you have safari selected and click help then installed plug-ins. and scroll down till you see something about java and flash. in the installed plug-ins it shows java is 1.3.1 and shows 2 flash i have 9.0 R19 and 9.0 R20.

it is the way safari handles flash/java is what's wrong cause i tried firefox and that problem wasn't there. and not to mention the way they are done for the Macintosh platform is another thing. but both firefox or safari in OS X dont do well with java or flash that i have seen not when compared to a real low end windows machine (500mhz celoron) cause java and flash works real smoothly no matter the browser. so its a problem with safari, java, flash, and OS X.

sjk

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2003
Eugene
Make shure you have safari selected and click help then installed plug-ins. and scroll down till you see something about java and flash. in the installed plug-ins it shows java is 1.3.1 and shows 2 flash i have 9.0 R19 and 9.0 R20.
A couple other ways to find Adobe Flash Player version information:

• Open the Adobe Flash Player page by control-clicking (or right-clicking) on a flash object and clicking "About Adobe Flash Player #…".

• Open the /Library/Internet Plug-Ins folder, select Flash Player.plugin, run Get Info (command-I), and locate the Version under the General section.

InfraredAD

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2003
Re: Mac OS X 10.4.9 (8P2111) Seeded to Developers

$5 says we see the public release of this update at the MWSF 07 Keynote...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.