Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

how to reinstall mac os if no longer supported

• install error

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • error

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

slavko_vit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2018
Respected Gentlaments please someone to help me to reinstall the mac and how to do that becouse is no longer supported fro apple thanks

slavko_vit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2018
Tech specifications are intel core duo 3.2Ghz 4gb ram 250 gb hd its enough for high sierra but I need just Yosemite if someone can tell me step by step instructions for installation can someone help me please Thanks

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
Can you post the exact CPU model here? This will help us to update the sticky CPU compatibility thread.

If you can’t tell us your exact cMP model, for OS installation, only 3 steps.

1) format the target hard drive to HFS+
2) download the installer
3) run the installer

That’s it. Unless your Mac does not support Yosemite natively, but we know nothing about it.

OS6-OSX

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2004
California
There are a few things going on.
1. Thread title is "mac osx lion cannot install"
2. OP says "but I need just Yosemite"
3. Is OP trying to dual boot for legacy apps?
4. GPU type should be listed. With Quadro 4000 mac, you need 10.6.8 min to boot. OP may have a GPU that needs 10.8.5 or higher.

Reactions: h9826790

slavko_vit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2018
Can you post the exact CPU model here? This will help us to update the sticky CPU compatibility thread.

3) run the installer

That’s it. Unless your Mac does not support Yosemite natively, but we know nothing about it.

3) run the installer

what if its already formatted
[doublepost=1521367938][/doublepost]What if its already formatted only boot options

slavko_vit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2018
Just this processor 2.53 GHz Intel core 2 duo mid version maybe are changed show mi or send me Yosemite installer thanks

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
Just this processor 2.53 GHz Intel core 2 duo mid version maybe are changed show mi or send me Yosemite installer thanks
Tech specifications are intel core duo 3.2Ghz 4gb ram 250 gb hd its enough for high sierra but I need just Yosemite if someone can tell me step by step instructions for installation can someone help me please Thanks
what if its already formatted
[doublepost=1521367938][/doublepost]What if its already formatted only boot options
Respected Gentlaments please someone to help me to reinstall the mac and how to do that becouse is no longer supported fro apple thanks

You have no idea what you said.

1) You don't have a Mac Pro (desktop), but a MacBook Pro (laptop)
2) Your CPU is the Core 2 Duo T9400, I don't know where that 3.2GHz coming from
3) You Mac is not "enough" for High Sierra, at least not natively
4) You Mac is natively supported up to 10.11.6. Apple stop supporting it in the newer OS doesn't mean that they stop your Mac to re-install the supported OS. If it's already in HFS+, please simply go to Appstore, download and re-install the OS. If your Mac has recovery partition, you can finish the process at this (please do some study before you ask if you don't know what is recovery partition).

P.S. You should post this in the OSX forum or MacBook Pro forum, not in the Mac Pro forum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.