Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mohanak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2018
Hi,

when apple upgraded HFS+ to APFS, macOS startup disk was not showing on windows 10 bootcamp Control Panel.
this last until recently when a bootcamp Control Panel on windows 10 pops up an update.
I have applied this update on iMac and MBP.
macOS startup disk is now showing on "windows 10 bootcamp Control Panel " on the iMac but not on MBP.
the two machines are on macOS Catalina 10.15.2

how to solve this? where to find this update to re-apply it.

Last edited:

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
Would you clearly explain please what Bootcamp assistant is to be found in Windows 10. I know the Bootcamp assistant in MacOS but not the presence of such an assistant in any Windows.
Thanks for explaining it.
Ed

Mohanak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2018
Would you clearly explain please what Bootcamp assistant is to be found in Windows 10. I know the Bootcamp assistant in MacOS but not the presence of such an assistant in any Windows.
Thanks for explaining it.
Ed
I meant "Bootcamp Control Panel" i have edited the post

Mohanak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2018
May I ask how do you reach that Boitcamp Control Panel in your Bootcamp Windows 10? I have not seen such a panel until now.

you have not seen such a panel until now! it's there

here is a "BOOTCAMP CONTROL PANEL"

hope you like it! enjoy

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    165.9 KB · Views: 660

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Early BootCamp Control Panel versions for the iMacPro are able to see the APFS disks and work well. The latest update was reported to break this ability. I have refrained from updating to avoid this fiasco.

I suspect that the same bug has bitten you...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.