Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chirila1609

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2020
So i am trying to install MacOS X 10.8 on my macbook 4,1 because MacOS X 10.9 dosen't have graphics acceleration but i tried with both versions but none of them work it is staying at: Veryfing if installation can be applied. Does anyone know another method or something that can fix this and let me install a newer version on this macbook (white early 2008).

LeHachoir

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2020
So i am trying to install MacOS X 10.8 on my macbook 4,1 because MacOS X 10.9 dosen't have graphics acceleration but i tried with both versions but none of them work it is staying at: Veryfing if installation can be applied. Does anyone know another method or something that can fix this and let me install a newer version on this macbook (white early 2008).
Use NexPostFacto from ParrotGeek. It works great.

chirila1609

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2020
maybe the wrong image was downloaded? write to pm
Yes i think the dmg is not good, i have a mac os mountain lion 10.8.5 dmg and i asked somone and they said too that the dmg may be the problem, do you know one that works ?

LeHachoir

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2020
Yes i think the dmg is not good, i have a mac os mountain lion 10.8.5 dmg and i asked somone and they said too that the dmg may be the problem, do you know one that works ?
Yes. I'll throw off the link now. This one definitely works. Manual: unmount dmg-app-copy to applications-terminal-cd script folder-script-drag the app-drag the flash drive or partition(erased at the same time). everything

chirila1609

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2020
Yes. I'll throw off the link now. This one definitely works. Manual: unmount dmg-app-copy to applications-terminal-cd script folder-script-drag the app-drag the flash drive or partition(erased at the same time). everything
Thanks

chirila1609

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2020
I can't update iTunes is it safe to install that thing that needs to be installed after all the updates ? i got an error 102 all the others worked but iTunes does not update

LeHachoir

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2020
I can't update iTunes is it safe to install that thing that needs to be installed after all the updates ? i got an error 102 all the others worked but iTunes does not update
That's right, you need to download iTunes yourself, version 12.4.3 is the latest for 10.8 and install it.

LeHachoir

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2020
I tried but when i try to install iTunes myself after: writing files it gives an error
There was no such thing..... Download from the apple website 12.4.3. Or ipsw. you didn't run the patch file? Browser use firefox 71 legacy from ParrotGeek.

chirila1609

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2020
There was no such thing..... Download from the apple website 12.4.3. Or ipsw. you didn't run the patch file? Browser use firefox 71 legacy from ParrotGeek.
i did it, evreything works now fine inclouding iTunes and drivers, Thank you for all of your help so much

LeHachoir

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2020
i did it, evreything works now fine inclouding iTunes and drivers, Thank you for all of your help so much
No problem! Tip: remove some animations, it works faster.
qastack.ru/apple/14001/how-to-turn-off-all-animations-on-os-x

sunotoriedad

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2021
Hello, same problem with a early macbook 2008, could you post or send me the link??

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.