Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jon66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
Hello:
I have tried several times to open the foundry nuke(11.v01), the trial version, and the program closes unexpectedly just after starting it. My mac pro meets the system requirements for that version of Nuke, does it have something to do with the efi 32 of macpro 1.1? With previous versions I don't have any problems. If someone could help me I would be very grateful. Regards.

Attachments

• crash_log.pdf
    107.4 KB · Views: 85

lin2log

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2011
How in the world could you expect it to work when the minimum system requirements are macOS 10.12 and that machine tops out at 10.4?? And if you're running El Capitan (which is only 10.11) then you used one of those bs patch hacks that still don't change the fact that that machine (as well as that version of Nuke) is hopelessly outdated in every respect. 🙄
And you want to run a high-end PRO app like that on that machine? 😂

Last edited:

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
How in the world could you expect it to work when the minimum system requirements are macOS 10.12 and that machine tops out at 10.4?? And if you're running El Capitan (which is only 10.11) then you used one of those bs patch hacks that still don't change the fact that that machine (as well as that version of Nuke) is hopelessly outdated in every respect. 🙄
Nuke 11.0v4 supports El Capitan. With that said, I'd be surprised if the patches required to get El Capitan to run on a Mac Pro 1,1, as well as the GPU, don't cause problems with an app like Nuke.

lin2log

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2011
I'd be surprised if the patches […] don't cause problems with an app like Nuke

Um… you read the original post?
Always fascinated when people that work on some total (age-old) kludge are all surprised when things don't work. 🤦🏼‍♂️

jon66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
Um… you read the original post?
Always fascinated when people that work on some total (age-old) kludge are all surprised when things don't work. 🤦🏼‍♂️
I´m not surprised at all, you must have misunderstood me, In fact with the immediately preceding version to v11 works perfectly

JustinePaula

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2012
Well, it might be that that is all they have, I use professionally a 2006 Mac Pro running 10 8 5, with FCP7, and it works, has done for over 15 yrs, and maybe for while longer, look gear is expensive in certain parts of this rock, and although it seems odd to you, to me it makes a lot of sense to be using what is deemed "odd" by US or EU standards.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.