Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jimimacpro11

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2019
Hey mate do you still have software or files to install El capitan on a mac Pro 1.1?

Mine won't read the OS on it so I'm going to start fresh but need a copy of an OS to put on a HDD.

I will also message you, thanks in advance.

Lol, at least some good news (means Mac Pro is ok). ;)

You could very easily build your installer on Macbook with BaseSystem.dmg method and replacing boot.efi for unsupported OS Xs (10.8-10.11).
Also, Ill send you a PM in few minutes.

Sebastián Ondo

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2020
Hey guys, new to Mac Rumors, but definitely not new to classic Mac and OSX Pre-Leopard.

I just picked up a 1,1 Mac Pro with the dual 3GHz CPUs, 4GB memory, 320GB HDD, etc. and I can not get it to boot from any OSX media. Whether it be a USB or even my OEM Leopard DVD that came with my G5. Any suggestions? USB boots preffered, but I've read mixed things about USB not working for 1,1 / 2,1 Mac Pro's.

Nothing works. I've tried burning a few different versions of Snow Leopard via my mid 2012 MacBook Pro, I just keep getting write errors on that. I bought this for a media PC, and to back up my ever so full HDDs in my primary computer. Its "fully loaded" for the time, and I'd really like to get it running being I've wanted one of these machines forever.

So far my attempts to get it to work have gone as such

USB>Snow Leopard
DVD>Snow Leopard (Failed burning process on my MacBook)
DVD (OEM)>Leopard
CD>Tiger

Hi so i dont even know if you reply but im from czech republic. I have mac pro 2.1 and have the same problem as you could you please help me ? Email: sebastian.ondo@gmail.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.