Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EirikStrand1996

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2017
Can i put my 660ti in a mac pro 2009 with no complacations ? or do i need to run hackintosh if i want to switch that part?

daneedwards9

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2017
Woodland Hills
You can run that card. You have to go to the Nvidia website and download the proper drivers for the Nvidia GT-120 video card that comes with the computer and set it to run on "Nvidia Web Driver". It sounds harder than it is, but in order to do this process you have to start with your old Nvidia Gt-120 video card in the machine. Also look for the driver that will enable you to run Cuda Cores on your video card. That will give you a little performance enhancement also. Hope this helps.

EirikStrand1996

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2017
You can run that card. You have to go to the Nvidia website and download the proper drivers for the Nvidia GT-120 video card that comes with the computer and set it to run on "Nvidia Web Driver". It sounds harder than it is, but in order to do this process you have to start with your old Nvidia Gt-120 video card in the machine. Also look for the driver that will enable you to run Cuda Cores on your video card. That will give you a little performance enhancement also. Hope this helps.
[doublepost=1493799193][/doublepost]

so the problem is, am gonna buy the mac from an IT guy i know and he told me the Gpu is broken / not working or something like that, is that gonna be a problem

Fl0r!an

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2007
The 660Ti should work perfectly fine with Apple's stock drivers, so you won't have to do anything. Only requirement is a OS containing Kepler drivers (Mountain Lion or newer).

Reactions: orph
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.