Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
I have a Mac Pro 3,1 that works fine, but since I have bought it used it tends to crash every few days with fans on high. I have not see anything reasonable in the logs.

SMC etc. all have been reset. This has been an issues since Mavericks with new installs, new disks etc. memory checks out ok. And it does not happen, while awake.

Any ideas?

sevend

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2014
I have a Mac Pro 3,1 that works fine, but since I have bought it used it tends to crash every few days with fans on high. I have not see anything reasonable in the logs.

SMC etc. all have been reset. This has been an issues since Mavericks with new installs, new disks etc. memory checks out ok. And it does not happen, while awake.

Any ideas?

I had the same issue, and was surprised no one reported issues. In System Preferences, Energy Saver, I had to disable 'Wake for WiFi Access" and "Enable Power Nap while plugged into power adapter". Once I disabled those features, the crashes stopped for me.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
I had the same issue, and was surprised no one reported issues. In System Preferences, Energy Saver, I had to disable 'Wake for WiFi Access" and "Enable Power Nap while plugged into power adapter". Once I disabled those features, the crashes stopped for me.
Thanks - will give that a spin!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.