Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BeeRich33

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2014
Toronto
Hiya folks.

Well, my workstation was having issues. I had another Mac Pro (4 core) that I'm working on now. But my 8-core needed some work. I had two GeForce cards in there, SSD, 4 other drives, PCI SSD, USB3 PCI card...24 GB RAM. It was shutting down, so I thought the power supply couldn't keep up.

Anyway...rebuilt with a new power supply I just put in there now. Single GeForce card, single HD, and I think a single board with 16 GB RAM. Fan turns on, no chime.

I tried zapping PRAM. Nothing.
SMC reset. Nothing.

Not sure what to do. The OTB light was "sort of" on, as it was really dim (see image). Then it turned off. Not sure how to troubleshoot this as I've never done this. Not sure about what's needed with regards to RAM banks/slots filled, if I even need any in there. Or if I should be looking elsewhere on the motherboard for troubleshooting indicators.

Anybody know what I should do? I appreciate any insight.

Attachments

• IMG_7210.jpg
    IMG_7210.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 110
  • tM5xf.png
    tM5xf.png
    84.9 KB · Views: 89

BeeRich33

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2014
Toronto
No insight?

I got a chime after inserting one stick in each RAM riser, no video card, no PCI whatsoever, and a boot drive. Then it was not replicable after a couple of days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.