Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TFSam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2021
Hello! I've got a Flashed Mac Pro 4, 1 -> 5, 1 Running Big Sur 11.7 thanks to the Martin Lo Open core package.
I've tried updating to the latest version of macOS Monterey (16.6), but It never finishes updating.
Please Help!
Specs:
Mac Pro 4, 1 -> 5, 1
Cpu: Xeon X5680 x1
Gpu: Radeon HD 7950
Ram: 16gb DDR 3 (4 sticks)

Reactions: z0Nker

z0Nker

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2016
So. MD U.SA.
Hello! I've got a Flashed Mac Pro 4, 1 -> 5, 1 Running Big Sur 11.7 thanks to the Martin Lo Open core package.
I've tried updating to the latest version of macOS Monterey (16.6), but It never finishes updating.
Please Help!
Specs:
Mac Pro 4, 1 -> 5, 1
Cpu: Xeon X5680 x1
Gpu: Radeon HD 7950
Ram: 16gb DDR 3 (4 sticks)
I have OCLP running well on 5 or 6 CMP's from 3,1 to 4,1 , 4,1 flashed to 5,1 and real 5,1's. I am now having the same problem last 2 weeks trying to install to a "Flashed" 4,1 to 5,1. I had to purchase a new SSD HD, reset PRAM, take the machine all the way back to Yosemite, UPGRADE, update - flash firmware again, UPGRADE, update to Sierria, update - flash firmware again, UPGRADE, update to High Sierria, Change the GPU to original Mac GPU that supports Metal & Boot Screen, update - flash firmware again, UPGRADE to Mojave....install all the updates. I like OCLP , it has worked good in the past but i am conciddering possibly going back to Martin Lo's OC package. btw I have a AMD Radeon 560 that i believe works. Super - Duper clones a drive but it was not bootable.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.