Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cassettepimp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2020
Hi,

This is my first post on this forum. I recently purchased a Mac Pro 5,1 and upgraded it to a brand new RX580. My Mac is connected to my Marantz SR5011 receiver which is then connected to a Optoma HD243x projector. I initially bought a Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ and it had no issues with the display, but I had to replace it with the Pulse as the Nitro+ blocked one of my PCIe ports.

Since switching to the RX 580 Pulse, my Mac doesn't display on the projector until I unplug the HDMI and plug it back in again. The display sometimes comes on when I restart it but most of the times, even when restarting, I have to unplug and replug the HDMI cable. I have tried with the display port and still no dice. All my HDMI cables (HDMI 2.0) and display port cables are high quality and are all HDCP 2.2 compliant. I am running Mojave. Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
Hi,

This is my first post on this forum. I recently purchased a Mac Pro 5,1 and upgraded it to a brand new RX580. My Mac is connected to my Marantz SR5011 receiver which is then connected to a Optoma HD243x projector. I initially bought a Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ and it had no issues with the display, but I had to replace it with the Pulse as the Nitro+ blocked one of my PCIe ports.

Since switching to the RX 580 Pulse, my Mac doesn't display on the projector until I unplug the HDMI and plug it back in again. The display sometimes comes on when I restart it but most of the times, even when restarting, I have to unplug and replug the HDMI cable. I have tried with the display port and still no dice. All my HDMI cables (HDMI 2.0) and display port cables are high quality and are all HDCP 2.2 compliant. I am running Mojave. Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks
It's the Pulse Lite version, new model without DVI output? People here are having trouble with this new card.

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
Thanks for getting back to me. It's the regular Pulse.
So, it's not the different personality problem of the card without DVI and you have to diagnose it now.

Did you tested with a PC? Tested another Pulse with your install? Tried a clean install to another disk?

Cassettepimp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2020
I tried with my brothers pc and it works fine. I tried with different monitors and it works fine as well. I also tried a clean install of high sierra and mojave, but no dice again. I had a 2014 Mac Mini before this in my setup and that never had any issues.

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
I tried with my brothers pc and it works fine. I tried with different monitors and it works fine as well. I also tried a clean install of high sierra and mojave, but no dice again. I had a 2014 Mac Mini before this in my setup and that never had any issues.
Weird, I only had issues like you wrote with a HD 7870 using a not totally compatible EFI from HD 7950, never with a supported GPU that don't even have a Mac EFI.

Reactions: h9826790
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.