Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blift

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2020
Hi,

I've upgraded my mac pro 5.1 new GPU - Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Pulse OC 8GB GDDR5 and I bought two dell displays P2419H because on my old LG ultrawide I got a bad pixels.
Everything works, but quality of graphics and fonts are bad, not smooth.
I've tested HDMI output and result is the same. So for testing I've plugged old LG display with DP cable, no luck still no smooth. But on DVI->DVI configuration everything looks a lot better.
So I am stuck. RX580 have only one DVI input and my display doesn't have DVI output. What I have to do. Any tips ?

- Mojave OS
- Card installed via cable 2x6 one 8pin
- resolution set to default display
- Boot ROM Version: 144.0.0.0.0
- Processor - 3,2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

dataid

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2020
USA
There is a font smoothing control in Settings | General | Use LCD font smoothing when availabe.
There are finer controls over the appearance of fonts available through Terminal commands, here are two articles.
The first article is specific to Mojave from 2018, the second is an earlier, 2102, more general Mac OS X approach.

blift

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2020
Thanks for reply. But this is not that issue. I've made photos on my old display which have DVI. Look on the border distortion on the letter. First is HDMI port second DVI. DVI is more smooth. On my new dell displays result is the same as on HDMI old display.. I try to install https://gist.github.com/ejdyksen/8302862 EDID patch but no result..

IMG-7382.jpg
IMG-7383.jpg

blift

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2020
Found it. The issue is my display without 4k, so the problem is with HiDPi. I've installed switchresx and create custom scaled resolution x2 look a lot of better. Still is not excelent quality but this is maximum for this display in my opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.