Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeepYogurt

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
Am looking for an external SSD enclosure to contain the old 1TB OWC SSD that I removed from MacPro 6,1 system - I put a 2TB OWC SSD in and now I was looking for enclosures that will allow me to use the old 1TB SSD that was removed from the Mac Pro 6,1 system. Due to the special SSD connectors on these, the choices for enclosures are rather limited. What is the name of these special Apple-only (???) 12+16 connectors anyway? Thanks for any suggestions about enclosures you have used for these Apple connector SSD ...

-bob

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
Interesting question since OWC sells SSD kits for MP 6,1 which include ext enclosure for orig Apple SSD. Did you not purchase the 2TB from OWC?

DeepYogurt

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
I know about the OWC enclosures - they are a bit pricey. Looking for other solutions, especially ones that people have actually used and have opinions about.

Do you know what the connector on the Apple SSD is called? I've seen it called a "12+16" but not sure if there are others?

Thanks ...

-bob

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.