Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrandXX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2020
Tucson, AZ USA
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post.

I am a new MAC User. I purchased a MAC Pro 6,1 (4Core, D300's, 12GB, Big Sur 11.1) and I'm looking for some help with compatibility.

Is anyone using the LG 38WK95C-W with a MAC Pro 6,1? I am trying to see if it will work properly.

The monitor does have a ThunderBolt 3 as well as a DisplayPort. I have a ThunderBolt 3 to 2 adapter and a full size DP to miniDP cable.

The users manual has a warning which stats,
"DisplayPort 1.2 may not be supported depending upon the Mac product. Please contact the manufacturer."

Any thoughts?

On another note, I am upgrading the Mac Pro. I don't think this will make a difference but wanted to include the info just in case.
  • Xeon E2697-V2 (Used Part)
  • 4X16GB 1866 DDR (From OWC)
  • 2T nVME SSD (From OWC)
Another option I am considering is the LG 38BN75C-B. It does not have all the bells and whistles but seems to be solid.

Use cases (In order):
  1. It is primarily going to be a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) with (Pro Tools, FL Studio, Ableton Live, NI Komplete 13 Collectors, etc., etc.
  2. I am looking to work in Adobe Premier and Apple's Final Cute Pro for video editing.
  3. I also plan to do picture editing and art work with Adobe Illustrator, ProCreate and several other picture editing software(s).
  4. Gaming (I will be using GeForce NOW on the MAC and I would like to use this with my PC which has G-Sync, but this is low on the list of priorities.
If anyone has any advice, please reply.

P.S.
If anyone is currently using a 38+ Curved UWQHD, WQHD or WQHD+ monitor that is working perfectly, please post the make an model.

Thank you all.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.