Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AdamDonner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2021
World Traveler
Hello,
I have installed Ventura using OCLP along with the post install patches and video will not play. TV does not work even Hulu and Netflix nothing. Any ideas what I could do to fix this issue. I am running a late 2013 trashcan.

Thanks in advance.

Adam

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
@AdamDonner, if you stopped to read the OCLP announcement about late-2013 Mac Pro support with Ventura, you would know that Safari DRM and hardware decode are not supported at all, because of the unsupported video drivers hacked from Monterey. No workarounds and no ETA. The only thing that you can do is to downgrade to Monterey. More info here:

Btw, there is a thread about late-2013 Mac Pro and Ventura already:

Last edited:
Reactions: ironmanny1

AdamDonner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2021
World Traveler
@AdamDonner, if you stopped to read the OCLP announcement about late-2013 Mac Pro support with Ventura, you would know that Safari DRM and hardware decode are not supported at all, because of the unsupported video drivers hacked from Monterey. No workarounds and no OTA. The only thing that you can do is to downgrade to Monterey. More info here:

Btw, there is a thread about late-2013 Mac Pro and Ventura already:

Thank you for your response. I had stopped to read them however it was slightly confusing to me as they say it is supported. I know it is beta support for Ventura right now so I am hoping they can get that resolved. What is OTA btw? Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.