Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daveedjackson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 6, 2009
London
Anyone having issues removing and replacing the outer case? Mine literally just arrived, and unlocked fine, but when trying to lock it, I had to apply significant pressure to close it, and lock. IE kneeling on the top to push it down as far as it needed to be able to twist the handle?

ZombiePhysicist

macrumors 68030
May 22, 2014
That sounds REALLY wrong. Mine takes very little force to put down. If I leave it after putting the bottom of the case over the top of the chassis, it basically slides down (slowly) most of the way itself. Then a little pressure to push down to connect to the chassis. Twisting the lock takes little effort. No more than it did unlocking it.

Reactions: rxs0

daveedjackson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 6, 2009
London
That sounds REALLY wrong. Mine takes very little force to put down. If I leave it after putting the bottom of the case over the top of the chassis, it basically slides down (slowly) most of the way itself. Then a little pressure to push down to connect to the chassis. Twisting the lock takes little effort. No more than it did unlocking it.
it slides down no bother, it's locking it which is the issue, I can't twist the handle, because it doesn't go entirely down to the bottom, it leaves a slight gap, needing pressure to close it before being able to twist the handle.

bsbeamer

macrumors 601
Sep 19, 2012
Look at this thread, seems like the same issue?

daveedjackson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 6, 2009
London
Look at this thread, seems like the same issue?

Thankfully not, it turns out, it's just hot it sits when it's closed, until it's locked it is raised up slightly. Must be to do with cooling, and being tight. All good. And nothing untoward. Just stress posted with a history of non working kit.
Cheers for the speedy replies :)

arock

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2005
I had the same reaction as you the first time I tried to re-lock the case. But yes, it does sit a bit raised prior to locking and that is normal.

Reactions: s66
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.