Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daveedjackson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 6, 2009
London
I feel like I post a new issue every week here.

Anyone experiencing sluggish, none responsive system after sleep. For me there is no consistency, as I can wake the system and work without fault. And then other times come to it, and whilst the system has nothing open, struggle to even get the start menu to appear. I can drag the mouse half way across the screen and it just stops responding entirely. Then catches up, and then the same again. Forcing me to restart. Often can't even get to the menu to do it.

Also totally unrelated, after restart, I've just noticed, when coming to login, the keyboard caps light whilst the system knows I've pressed it, the keyboard itself didn't illuminate until I actually go in. Another strange behaviour.

LeonPro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
No issues with my 7,1. It does take a few seconds to wake up from a deep sleep, but once alive it's ready to go. I'm using a third-party Corsair keyboard with mechanical keys connected directly to the USB-A ports at the back. No issues with that as well in terms of lighting up. FYI.

You might want to get yours checked up and let us know how that goes.

CMMChris

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2019
Germany (Bavaria)
This freezing bug is an issue with Navi cards every since the drivers have been introduced in late 2019. Unfortunately Apple isn't interested in fixing the issues despite tons of reports. Prior to 10.15.5 the freezes where followed by a watchdog timeout kernel panic. Now the freezes just keep going forever until you reboot / reset the machine. Affects Hackintoshes, Mac Pros, MacBook Pro 16-inch and eGPU users with Navi GPUs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.