Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vance09

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
I am trying to find a backup routine for the mac pro purchased sept 2022, I used to use super duper in the mac pro 2009 but now possibly with ventura the program works but the computer will not boot up , the drive shows but it fails to run for security reasons
anyone help
anyone have a backup routine not time machine

thanks

vance09

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
so in conclusion a carbon copy backup will not boot, and super duper comes up with a security alarm
so whats the solution?
just do a manual copy to another disk

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
If no easy solution, you may simply install another copy of Ventura onto another disk. Then only clone the user profile / data. The extra time to install Ventura may cost much less than find a way to create bootable clone.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
As the above linked article states: "Whether the destination is bootable depends on the compatibility of your Mac, macOS, and the destination device."

This is why I asked exactly what model Mac Pro you have. Apple doesn't have a 2022 Mac Pro.

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
Install an internal HDD (something like an 8TB NAS drive) and set up Time Machine on that.

If you ever bork your main OS install, you can set up macOS from scratch and restore from your Time Machine backup. I've done this many times and it has always worked.

I stopped using apps like Carbon Copy Cloner/Super Duper a long time ago...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.