Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimmywong1111

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2014
Hello Everyone!

I am currently using the Late 2013 Mac Pro with 6-Core Intel Xeon + D700 + 64GB RAM. As mentioned in my previous post on my Mac Pro, it crashes quite intermittently. I've reseated the RAM multiple times and very recently the problem has become even worse on me.

This is the first case, I was exporting video and the Mac Pro froze for a second until the display lost connection from the computer, the computer does not respond but the power button still lights up.

Second case, I was again exporting video which was interrupted in the first case, the system turned off when I returned.

The Mac Pro is placed in a well-ventilated area, with some crashes happening in a non-air conditioned room with 30 Degrees Celsius recorded by the local weather observatory.

Could anyone please help analyze the problem mentioned above? What are the potential fixes and what should be done next?

Thanks!

P.S. All RAM sticks are purchased through the Apple Online Store.

jimmywong1111

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2014
Hello Everyone!

I am currently using the Late 2013 Mac Pro with 6-Core Intel Xeon + D700 + 64GB RAM. As mentioned in my previous post on my Mac Pro, it crashes quite intermittently. I've reseated the RAM multiple times and very recently the problem has become even worse on me.

This is the first case, I was exporting video and the Mac Pro froze for a second until the display lost connection from the computer, the computer does not respond but the power button still lights up.

Second case, I was again exporting video which was interrupted in the first case, the system turned off when I returned.

The Mac Pro is placed in a well-ventilated area, with some crashes happening in a non-air conditioned room with 30 Degrees Celsius recorded by the local weather observatory.

Could anyone please help analyze the problem mentioned above? What are the potential fixes and what should be done next?

Thanks!

Thank you for your reply, I knew about the graphics card issues that exist in some of the Mac Pros, according to Coconut ID, which checks the build date of the Mac Pro, it is not in the range of what Mac Rumors states. For now, I'll eliminate the possibility of the GPU crashing.

I got home, I turned on the Mac Pro as usual after the crash, the system was unable to detect a ram stick, showing only 48GB out of 64GB of RAM as usual. I've reseated the RAM and the RAM detection went fine. I started a video Export and again, it rebooted.

In conclusion, it seems to be a problem with the RAM or the RAM slots. I've briefly checked the RAM slots and it appears to have no large pieces of dust or damaged connectors on both RAM sticks and slots.

Could anyone help on analyzing the problem here? Thanks!

P.S. The problem of failing to detect all RAM sticks has happened multiple times. Thanks!

666sheep

macrumors 68040
Dec 7, 2009
Poland
Chceck Diagnostic Reports in Console.
Regarding RAM: swap RAM sticks between slots. This should give you the answer if it is a bad stick or bad slot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.