Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Who would you vote for the next CEO?

• Tim Cook

Votes: 19 14.1%
  • Satya Nadella

Votes: 29 21.5%
  • Eddie Cue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Phil

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • Other:

Votes: 49 36.3%
  • Elon Musk* Updated

Votes: 22 16.3%
  • Panos Panay *Updated #2 (Studio creator w/ dial)

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters

Theophany

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2008
NW London.
If NeXt was really successful, it wouldn't have been bought out by Apple, it would have flourished on its own. NeXt was somewhat profitable (after it turned into a software company), but never truly "successful". Jobs did some good innovative things with NeXt, which is why Apple eventually bought it. Jobs also learned a lot more about managing a company at NeXt, just as he did at Pixar.

These days, getting your startup bought out by a tech giant is a measure of success. It means they value what you're producing and the people who are producing it. Why do you think Apple, Microsoft and Google compulsively purchase hundreds of startups with rad ideas? They're not afraid of being toppled, they see a good idea they think could be successful and want it (or don't want a competitor to have it).

fastlanephil

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2007
Reactions: JamesPDX

kennyisalive

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2016
None of the above. They're all garbage.

The exception is Musk, but Musk would NEVER enjoy being the CEO of a company he didn't start, so his placement as CEO would be irrelevant. Besides.. the guy is busy pushing humanity forward.. I doubt he'll have enough time for stupid ****ing emojis.

Reactions: JamesPDX

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
Ahh! Didn't know that the Microsoft "bailout" money was instead settlement money. That's kind of hilarious. Only someone associated with another someone who basically stole CPM and repackaged it as (OS/2?) would come up with such a rumor. Thanks for posting that. I really did not know. :oops:
But the story show the genius of Steve Jobs. Instead of an "Apple beats Microsoft" story, he let it be a "Microsoft invests in Apple's future" story.

Reactions: JoSch and JamesPDX

michaelsviews

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2007
New England
Other, since the passing of Steve Jobs IMO it's become nothing more than an iPhone/iPad and we'll get around to updating the computers when Intel gets there act together. Lets not look at AMD or others

UL2RA

Suspended
May 7, 2017
Where's Craig Federighi? I love that guy. He's always smiling and full of energy and he's clearly passionate about Apple, something many of these other guys severely lack on stage.

ksz

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2003
USA
Where's Craig Federighi? I love that guy. He's always smiling and full of energy and he's clearly passionate about Apple, something many of these other guys severely lack on stage.
Yup, we should put Hair Force One one the list. But we should also remember that no one person runs Apple. It's a team effort. The CEO must be surrounded by people who complement his or her weaknesses and have the initiative to make things happen.

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
Yup, we should put Hair Force One one the list. But we should also remember that no one person runs Apple. It's a team effort. The CEO must be surrounded by people who complement his or her weaknesses and have the initiative to make things happen.
But you also need to have a "decider" - otherwise you get a horse designed by a committee.

Phil in ocala

Suspended
Jul 14, 2016
Definetely not Tim Cook, i can't stand this guy.
All he talks is bla bla bla.
Why does he even answers questions about the Apple Stock price? Is Apple a tech company or a hedgefund?
Shouldn't he be focused on building great and innovative products in the first place?
??????????? I have an Apple TV 3...works everytime....I have two Firesticks.....neither work anymore.
Apple Stock is going to nose dive after China wins the tariff war with trump

goMac

Contributor
Apr 15, 2004
These are all horrible options.

No one here would want Phil. Bad idea.

Federighi would be.... ok.

But this list seems like a competition between who can make the best promo video. None of these people will do a better Mac Pro.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Definetely not Tim Cook, i can't stand this guy.
All he talks is bla bla bla.
Why does he even answers questions about the Apple Stock price? Is Apple a tech company or a hedgefund?
Shouldn't he be focused on building great and innovative products in the first place?

I’m finding it surprising Satya was heavily selected. He’s a genius yet his focus and experience would be like Chan at Blackberry, driving Apple into a pure software and services company. Mac would die, then the iPad, and soon enough the iPhone. Then he’d maybe sell apple to Microsoft sorry merge the two.

goMac

Contributor
Apr 15, 2004
I’m finding it surprising Satya was heavily selected. He’s a genius yet his focus and experience would be like Chan at Blackberry, driving Apple into a pure software and services company. Mac would die, then the iPad, and soon enough the iPhone. Then he’d maybe sell apple to Microsoft sorry merge the two.

I'm also surprised at Elon. If he was running Apple, they'd promise a Mac Pro in 2019, ship it in 2022.

Reactions: DeepIn2U

filmak

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2012
between earth and heaven
And he would present us the new macOS as a service...
Please not.

Reactions: DeepIn2U

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
And he would present us the new macOS as a service...
Please not.

So you completely understand my point exactly!

Although macOS which I HATE calling OSX because it’s nothing like the original and calling it for nostalgias sake is idiotic to me personally, as a hosted OS for IOS is not at all a bad idea. Better than trying to meld the two together.
[doublepost=1524334511][/doublepost]
I'm also surprised at Elon. If he was running Apple, they'd promise a Mac Pro in 2019, ship it in 2022.

LMAO! Very true but funny he’s never get away with it at Apple, yet all those fools investing in Tesla simply because of showmanship of their CEO, Musk makes me shake my head. Yes he’s a brilliant guy and is the only one who’s actually been able to copy the reality distortion field perfectly and apply it! Yet investing in a car company that cannot deliver on rafters 3-4x old always revising down has a lot to be said and researched in psychology.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.