Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JonoMacNZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2019
hey Guys,

Would appreciate some help.

Last wee while I've been getting random kernel panics, usually when the Mac isn't being used but not in sleep, ie when I get up to make a coffee and come back...

While another forum post stated it was compatable, I have a feeling it might be the NVME PCIE card I have running a 970 Pro

I have it installed in slot 4, in the x4 slots as would crash under load in the x16 slot. Have an externally power Vega Frontier on the x16 slot however these errors were occurring prior to it's install.

Have done a clean install and running Mojave 10.14.6 but the problem persists, have also resent SMC & PRAM. have also swapped out ram.

Next step is to revert back to SATA SSD and see if the problem persists but would like any comments in the meantime or if anyone has had the same issue with PCIE NVME controllers.

Model: MacPro5,1, BootROM 144.0.0.0.0, 12 processors, 6-Core Intel Xeon, 3.06 GHz, 64 GB, SMC 1.39f5

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Error Log.pdf
    41.3 KB · Views: 202

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
hey Guys,

Would appreciate some help.

Last wee while I've been getting random kernel panics, usually when the Mac isn't being used but not in sleep, ie when I get up to make a coffee and come back...

While another forum post stated it was compatable, I have a feeling it might be the NVME PCIE card I have running a 970 Pro

I have it installed in slot 4, in the x4 slots as would crash under load in the x16 slot. Have an externally power Vega Frontier on the x16 slot however these errors were occurring prior to it's install.

Have done a clean install and running Mojave 10.14.6 but the problem persists, have also resent SMC & PRAM. have also swapped out ram.

Next step is to revert back to SATA SSD and see if the problem persists but would like any comments in the meantime or if anyone has had the same issue with PCIE NVME controllers.

Model: MacPro5,1, BootROM 144.0.0.0.0, 12 processors, 6-Core Intel Xeon, 3.06 GHz, 64 GB, SMC 1.39f5

Thanks in advance.
I bet that your problem is not NVMe related or SYBA/IOCrest/ASM2824 related since everyone else with this card would had the same crash.

Take a look at this thread that people are tracking AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement crashes:

Mac Pro 5,1 kernal panic on sleep since 10.14.4, 10.14.5, 10.14.6 updates

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.