Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mtviewdave

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2007
I've got a Mac Pro on order (yay!). But I've still got Window software I need to run (boo!). The Mac Pro is going to come with a single 160GB disk, but I want to add 500GB of additional storage.

I've heard a lot of good things about RAID 0 on the Mac Pro, so I'm thinking of going that route, but what I haven't heard is whether or not a RAID 0 set is visible from Windows when using Boot Camp (I'll try Parallels first, but I want to keep my options open in case I need to go the Boot Camp route).

Note that, if I go with Boot Camp, I will put the Windows boot partition on 160GB disk. So I'm not asking about installing Windows on a RAID set. Rather, if I make the RAID set into one huge HFS+ partition, can I use MacDrive to access it when I'm booted into Windows?

Thanks.
-Dave

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
I've got a Mac Pro on order (yay!). But I've still got Window software I need to run (boo!). The Mac Pro is going to come with a single 160GB disk, but I want to add 500GB of additional storage.

I've heard a lot of good things about RAID 0 on the Mac Pro, so I'm thinking of going that route, but what I haven't heard is whether or not a RAID 0 set is visible from Windows when using Boot Camp (I'll try Parallels first, but I want to keep my options open in case I need to go the Boot Camp route).

Note that, if I go with Boot Camp, I will put the Windows boot partition on 160GB disk. So I'm not asking about installing Windows on a RAID set. Rather, if I make the RAID set into one huge HFS+ partition, can I use MacDrive to access it when I'm booted into Windows?

Thanks.
-Dave
I don't think macdrives supports Software RAID.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.