Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diehardmacfan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 12, 2007
has anybody purchased RAM from a third party company for the mac pro with double sided heatsinks.

i am deciding about buying 4 gigs with my mac pro or get them from a third party supplier

i just want to get the RAM from someone else and have it work under extreme memory stress tests as well as apples RAM

eMagine

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
has anybody purchased RAM from a third party company for the mac pro with double sided heatsinks.

i am deciding about buying 4 gigs with my mac pro or get them from a third party supplier

i just want to get the RAM from someone else and have it work under extreme memory stress tests as well as apples RAM

I have third party ram in my mac pro ~ 1 pair with (from OWC) and 1 pair without (Crucial) the "Apple Certified" Heatsinks.

They both work fine. Never had an Error.

glowrider

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2003
I have 4x2gb OWC Netlist ram sticks. Did a hardware test on em and they passed fine. Haven't had any problems so far. They claim they come from the same line as the OEM. Who knows. Can only say no problems so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.