Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dgeneius

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2007
:confused: I have a mac pro 2.0 thinking about 3 party memory from data memory systems.com.

i have final cut pro HD is it imperative that I buy heat sinks in addition to the memory. The heat sinks cool the memory off from my understanding is it a neccesity and how will it affect my system if I do not?

Silentwave

macrumors 68000
May 26, 2006
Be sure to buy the apple-certified versions, which should have the heatsinks. Reduces errors and keeps the machine working less

When finalcut is involved, you want the best.

hayduke

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2005
is a state of mind.
owc has it too. I didn't check datamem at the time. You definitely want to properly cooled ram. The risk you run is intermittent ram performance and/or failing ram and/or fried ram. Fried goat I've had. Fried ram? Don't even want to try it...

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
owc has it too. I didn't check datamem at the time. You definitely want to properly cooled ram. The risk you run is intermittent ram performance and/or failing ram and/or fried ram. Fried goat I've had. Fried ram? Don't even want to try it...

Somehow that sounds better than fried goat. Somehow goat just doesn't sound appetizing at all.

Of course, goat would probably digest easier than tin, gold, lead, and plastic. But, hey, if we're going by most desirable food, then I think RAM comes first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.