Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

portishead

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
los angeles
My octo-core mac pro has shipped. Anyone else paying attention? Currently departed Memphis TN, hopefully on it's way. Estimated Delivery says April 11th, but I'm hoping it will only be another day or 2.

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
Nice! I just ordered a 2.66Ghz Quad Mac Pro with 4GB of RAM, Bluetooth/Airport, 250GB harddrive and two super drives. :)

It says mine will be delivered between the 16th and the 20th though. :(

I will be ordering a 30" ACD as soon as I get my new debit card in the mail... should be any day now. :D

osx-linux

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2007
I got an email on Friday saying mine had shipped, checked the fedex site with the tracking number and they still don't have a record.

I imagine mines all labeled up and ready to ship but hasn't actually been given to fedex yet. Perhaps Monday I'll know when to expect the shipment.

The email says:
Shipment Date:
APR 06, 2007

Delivers by:
APR 10, 2007

portishead

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
los angeles
I got an email on Friday saying mine had shipped, checked the fedex site with the tracking number and they still don't have a record.

I imagine mines all labeled up and ready to ship but hasn't actually been given to fedex yet. Perhaps Monday I'll know when to expect the shipment.

The email says:
Shipment Date:
APR 06, 2007

Delivers by:
APR 10, 2007

weird, mine shipped the day after yours, and it left memphis tonight, presumably for los angeles. I might get it tomorrow. So should you, depending on where you live i suppose.

osx-linux

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2007
weird, mine shipped the day after yours, and it left memphis tonight, presumably for los angeles. I might get it tomorrow. So should you, depending on where you live i suppose.

I'm also down in so.cal, behind the orange curtain however.

product26

Cancelled
May 30, 2005
i tracked mine from the store shelf to the trunk of my car ;)

but seriously, those "in transit" tracking moments/days are excruciating!

enjoy your new mac pros everybody!

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark

The email says:
Shipment Date:
APR 06, 2007

Delivers by:
APR 10, 2007

So what's happening to your "old" Mac Pro? ;)

wonderer

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2004
I have just received my macpro 8core :) :) :) :)
I will pot unboxing pics and let you know how it compares to my dual 2.5ghz g5.

Wish me luck

wonderer

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2004
This is it it is a beast, I will let you know all about it but for now I need
some private time with the monster :) :) :) :)

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Here you go:

8core.png

NICE!!!

now, hop to it with those benchmarks:D

congrats

portishead

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
los angeles
a few quick notes

The raptor drive is great. My xbench score only gave me about 170-175. It's really no matter. I know how fast the raptor is. This is my first time experimenting with the users folder on another drive. I'll see how I like it. So far so good.

Yes this machine is quick, but that doesn't mean a lot does it? The processors don't seem to move much in the activity monitor unless I render out something in Combustion or something.

I really think this machine will not see it's full potential until Leopard is out. That statement is probably obvious, but I think there is much more to be had. That said, I am more than happy with the machine so far. It's going to be interesting to see who optimizes their code for 8 cores. cough. fcp.

I'm waiting for my intensity card to come in the mail so I can experiment with some DVCPROHD footage. We'll see how this beast likes it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.