Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G4DP

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
Glad you made yourself feel better for that pointless rant.

Just because some stores have them doesn't mean Apple is not discontinuing them. They still sell them. Only IF they stop the MacPro would they be removed from the shop floor.

Also, during your adventure to bring us this great insight, did you check the specifications of the MacPro's in question via 'About this Mac'? As often the units on display are not the latest models. As the external appearance doesn't change the information next to them is just switched to the latest version.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
The Mac Pro isn't dead, it just needs a major refresh. I can see Apple pulling it off the consumer market or making it an Online Store only exclusive, while offering a higher end iMac in stores.

G4DP

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
Seb, i did get the intention of your post wrong, my mistake.

However, given the recent invasion of ****** to these forums it is getting harder to tell when someone is having a laugh.

Clearly shown by the number of negative votes compared to posters.

Bye Bye Baby

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2004
i(am in the)cloud
The Mac Pro isn't dead, it just needs a major refresh. I can see Apple pulling it off the consumer market or making it an Online Store only exclusive, while offering a higher end iMac in stores.

Refresh is one thing but also a price drop. The are good machines but they are still overly expensive and underspeced.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.