Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnhood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2003
UK
I'd welcome your feedback concerning my site's usability and presentation.

Thanks.

chewtoy

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2003
hmm where do i begin...

1.)
ok so first off kill the splash page...unless you have a really good reason for it you don't need it most high end firms still use them but they don't think "hey the use might not wan't to click 10 times just to get into the site..."

2.)
multi-colored rainbow text...a big no, no, unless your trying to promote gay pride then its fine it has a meaning.

3.)
the main page & others are a cluster f@#k you've got things moving in 10 different directions, i like many others have turned off graphic animation, it just pisses me off, i would recommend having a sponsers page then put all adds/banners there.

thats it for now...

Coca-Cola

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2002
WA
1. The splash page is not needed.
2. Rainbow text must go
3. It's nice that you have all those banners and stuff, but maybe you could tune it down a bit. Might I suggest a theme for them. For instance, using links related to the content on your page. i.e. Drawings with links to drawings instead of television and movies and shopping.

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
are you giving out free advertising?
---those banners are really annoying... and look horrible if you are trying to promote your own artwork...

there really isn't any centric flow to the site design other than the menbar on the left and the header on the top...

speaking of menubar... the image hover states look bad saying "click me!"... try to keep them with the same text on them, but use another site-unifying color.

i like the way you have images blurred and then sharp in the hover state... but i don't like how they are in random places with all that text everywhere.

johnhood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2003
UK
Feedback

Thanks for the valuable feedback, which is appreciated. I'll start revisioning the site over the next few weeks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.