Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Johnstone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2023
I have been working with Apple Support since June 24. When dragged into the Project timeline it a) comes over black, b) has a red banner message about missing remote data, c) come over in a very very low resolution and d, once in a blue moon come over as expected. This is the same set up that was connected to my iMac Pro, which worked well. I moved the DAS to my new Studio and the problems instantly began. I exported several photos to my iCloud Desktop and I could import them into FCP flawlessly. When I moved those same photos onto my DAS, I could choose them to import, but they would not import. Has anyone else experienced this?

ColdCase

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
NH
I use a lot of DAS without issue. FCP 10.6.8? Otherwise what disk format are you using, DAS brand? Using very good cable?

Did you dry deleting and reinstalling FCP from the apple store? What about trying different studio ports as there have been reports here of port hardware issues.

Johnstone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2023
Interesting, I checked this with a Sr Apple advisor and we did verify the most recent FCPs well as OS. I have not tried deleting the FCP app and reinstalling it. Both DAS’s are MacOS Extended.

I can do everything else on these drives with no problem. Ok believe it may be an issue with FCP and Photos. At times I can import a photo of the drive, I get the red “missing external data” messages and then after 5-40 min it can populate ok.

ColdCase

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
NH
Dunno, I was using the most recent FCP and was having trouble with a few transitions. Deleting and reinstalling (same version) fixed that. You may want to delete and reinstall photos. That would be a clean starting point.

Sometimes the library gets degraded. You could try repairing that if re-install does not improve things.

Seems like you tried everything else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.