Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Uncle Pinny

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
London
Mac Studio M1 Ultra 128Gb 4tb
Dell 32“ U3219Q 4k USB C monitor

On boot or restart monitor never finds a signal. Ever. Only way I can get it to see the signal is to pull out then push in the relevant usb c cable.

Any ideas or suggestions as to what may be the issue or what I can do to rectify? Similar issues?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: tjem

Uncle Pinny

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
London
Hey Bandito,

So I tried your (very obvious but didn't cross my mind duh) suggestion and it worked. Tried a couple of restarts and fresh boots and it sees the signal right away.

Thanks again for your input. Really nice to get a fast and useful response. Reminds me of the old days. :cool:

Reactions: Benhama and mac1984

BanditoB

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
Well, I'm glad that I could help, sort of. Sorry to hear of the USB ports issue. It'd be worth a call to Dell just to see what they might say. Maybe a second flash of the firmware might do something.

Also, if you haven't done this, I would unplug the monitor from power for 30 seconds or so and then power it back up again. It may also be a good idea to unplug the USB items connected to the monitor when you do this as they may supply power to the ports and keep them active in the monitor.

Good luck!

Reactions: Mac Hammer Fan

Uncle Pinny

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
London
Looks like a re-flash/install did the trick. Ports have come back to life. Might have had something to do with the fact I had other USB devices plugged in at the same time of the original installation,

Thanks!

alpha_alpha

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2023
I just want to say thank you to BanditoB.
None of the people at Apple are helpful enough to investigate this considering that this is one of the most popular monitor and the Mac Studio is a new computer (M2 MAX)

One single post from you, solved at the issues. Who would have thought to update their monitor firmware !

Thank you thank you from Australia.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.