Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

markoliver

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2022
Hello people,
I just bought recently a Mac Studio for video editing which i have hooked to a Lenovo display. Today I came across the news that apple released a mirroring beta function to Monterey that should allow you to mirror any of your screens to any of your macs ( i thought). i also have a 2017 iMac that i use for photo editing. I was searching for a solution to use my 2017 iMac as a monitor for Mac Studio and came across Luna display. Sounds good but with the latest Monterey mirroring feature i thought that this Luna bussines wont be necessary anymore.

There s a catch though. Mirroring my screen from Mac Studio does not work! I can mirror my iMac on the Mac Studio screen (dunno' why in the world would i want to do that) but when i enter screen mirroring display preferences, nothing shows up, there s no monitor visible/detectable. Not even the option to find new devices...so

The question i have is:
Am i doing something wrong?
or is this just apple indirectly telling me to buy the studio display

Also if anybody has any experience with luna display, drop it down i woul really like to hear if it would work for me
Thanks a lot !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.