Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WLE Inc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2022
Just wondering, has anybody noticed that the Mac TV App is the biggest failure in the new operating systems. The bloated iTunes app was easy compared to TV App. For instance with the TV App, if you want to search your library, every time you do you have to click View and Show Filter Field and it always dissappears when you exit the view so you have to click it again if you want to search again. There is no way to import or export playlist. You can't just click View and only show downloaded movies, you have to sign out of the store to make them hidden, or hide them completely, and then you can't watch them on iPad if they are hidden. In the TV Show tab, when you click on a show it shows the seasons and shows but it just blinks all the time. If you select a few episodes by clicking on one and holding down shift and selecting a few more, they will be selected, but then they won't?? Also if you create playlist folders to make it easier to keep things in order, they are always opened every time I open the TV App, (So what's the use of folders?). I have to close the folders every time I open the app. I do a lot of home sharing, my computer to the Apple TV, and hardly ever watch live shows or play games or use apps on the Apple TV. So my thing is streaming from my computer to the Apple TV. I downgraded two of my intel Macs back to Mojave, just because of the TV APP Crap! It use to take me no time at all to make a new playlist or arrange my media in the iTunes app, now it seems to take all day. I hate to say this, but I've tried, and iTunes on Windows works better. I've been a Mac user since 2005, and I love em, but I hope Apple fixes these issues in the future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.