Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lokka

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2020
Hi,

When I swap user profile from Profile A to Profile B and then back to Profile A most of my apps don't work. It says there's no internet connection. However it works on some of the app. An example is I can use Safari but I can't use Chrome or Brave Browser or Microsoft Teams or Zoom etc They all say Internet not connected. I have tried contacting Apple and they haven't been very helpful at all asking me to contact each app! Anyone else had a similar issue?

lokka

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2020
Yes Its the same setting. So basically this is what's happening. I restart my laptop and log into my Admin account and all the apps are working perfectly. I can use Chrome for Internet Microsoft Teams etc. I then switch to another User account, everything works fine there and I switch back to Admin profile and that's when the issue starts. Teams doesn't work, Chrome doesn't work, Zoom doesn't work. The only fix is I have to restart my laptop again but the moment I swap profile from Admin to other user, same issue!

AndrewMac

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2009
Sydney, Australia
I am having the same problems when switching accounts, and none of the suggestions above helped. Even more curiously, however, it's mainly Chrome-based browsers and Firefox that are affected. Safari seems to work fine. And even with the Chrome-based browsers that mostly don't work, some sites load okay (even ones that I don't think are cached). I think I might have to wait for the next Sonoma update, to see if something in there helps with this!

lokka

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2020
I am having the same problems when switching accounts, and none of the suggestions above helped. Even more curiously, however, it's mainly Chrome-based browsers and Firefox that are affected. Safari seems to work fine. And even with the Chrome-based browsers that mostly don't work, some sites load okay (even ones that I don't think are cached). I think I might have to wait for the next Sonoma update, to see if something in there helps with this!
Any luck? Do you use Microsoft Teams or Zoom? Are those apps having issues too?

AndrewMac

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Hi lokka

I waited for the Sonoma 14.4 update, and that seems to have done the trick. The problems I was having seem to have gone away … or at least I haven't seen them since updating. I'd be interested to know if that fixes things for you too. I hope it does!

lokka

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2020
Hi lokka

I waited for the Sonoma 14.4 update, and that seems to have done the trick. The problems I was having seem to have gone away … or at least I haven't seen them since updating. I'd be interested to know if that fixes things for you too. I hope it does!
Just updated and still having this issue! :-( This is so annoying!!!

appleph

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2019
I am having the same issue. I just created a new user yesterday. I couldn't curl using the Terminal app.

lokka

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2020
Let me know if you find a solution! I feels like it's gotten worse for me since the last Sonoma update :-(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.