Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rockadile

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
I'm looking for the Windows equivalent of..

Scannerz or SoftRAID
Macs Fan Control

I can also edit this post to create an ongoing list if people chime in on other software.

Color meter
Just Color Picker for Digital Color Meter

Hard drive back up
For Carbon Copy Cloner:
Acronis True Image
Casper by fssdev
Clonezilla (text-based)
Veeam's Agent for Microsoft Windows

Oops!Backup for Time Machine

Hard drive speed test
CrystalDiskMark for Blackmagic Disk Speed Test

MP3 muxer / tagger

Xmedia Recode for Subler

Last edited:

Rockadile

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
Windows can create it's own drive image, however it's not bootable; Settings - Updates & Security - Backup. Has never failed for me

Just Color Picker for Digital Color Meter
Xmedia Recode for Subler

Q-6
Would want a bootable one.
Willing to pay for quality, no frills software ;)

The Ryzen / Skylake X craze has pulled me in to making another desktop. Pascal almost did.

Mikael H

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2014
Reactions: Rockadile

ozaz

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2011
For CCC equivalent take a look at Casper (by fssdev). When I was looking for a disk imaging program this is the one I was closest to getting. I've forgotten why I was considering it ahead of Acronis True Image. In the end I never got it because I decided not to bother maintaining a bootable backup.

I now just auto backup my data to a network drive, and for this I use Oops!Backup which has similarities to Time Machine.

Reactions: Rockadile

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
For CCC equivalen
Back in the day, there used to be a tool called Norton Ghost Image, it was probably one of the more popular cloning applications. I used it successfully myself. Like much of the Norton utilities, Once Symantec took it over, things went down hill. I think now its strictly an enterprise targeted application and costs 250 for 5 licenses (the minimum amount that you can purchase) and that's just for one year of support.

Reactions: SDColorado
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.