Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firmansolutions

macrumors member
Original poster
May 31, 2010
Hi,

I have a 27" Apple Cinema Display and we are retiring my wife's 2014 MacBook Air 11. We have got hold of a MacBook 12 Retina 2016 and want to connect it to the Cinema Display.

I previously used an OWC OWCTCDK10PMDSG that caters for the miniDisplay port and USB cable from the cinema display. I then connected the MacBook I had at the time (I think it was a MacBook Pro). I gave the OWC dock to my daughter and she is using it with a MacBook Pro that's about 3 years old. USB-C port I think.

I know there is a tech difference between that MBP and this MacBook 12 Retina 2016 but any thoughts on whether this will work.

A second hand dock is on the way and the MacBook 12 Retina 2016 is in hand. At £225 for an 8gb, 500gb SSD model, its low risk, but my wife won't be happy if it won't connect to the display.

Attachments

• owc.png
    owc.png
    667.3 KB · Views: 77

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
Should be fine provided it's the CD (with three USB ports) and not the Thunderbolt Display (with firewire and ethernet plus USB)

firmansolutions

macrumors member
Original poster
May 31, 2010
Should be fine provided it's the CD (with three USB ports) and not the Thunderbolt Display (with firewire and ethernet plus USB)
Thanks so much for the reply. It sure is the model with 3 USB ports. I will report back when its all going. 🤙

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.