Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

user307

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2022
Hi everyone,

I'm currently facing some wifi issues with my MacBook Pro 16. Compared to my old MacBook Air I'm not getting the full wifi speed. Normally I should receive 50 Mbit/s instead I receive only 25 or max 30 Mbit/s. The current OS is Monterey 12.3. Does someone had similar issues in the past? Happy about any tips :)

Greetings from Germany

Sanpete

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2016
Utah
Might find some info here:

appltech

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2020
As above mentioned, it could be when Bluetooth is on.
Also, you can start from new Location (–> System Preferences–> Network–> Create a new one)
And it will be quite reasonable to check for VPNs, proxies. and apps/services/plists running on background

user307

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2022
Also, you can start from new Location (–> System Preferences–> Network–> Create a new one)
And it will be quite reasonable to check for VPNs, proxies. and apps/services/plists running on background
Hi @appltech do you mean simply deleting the current network connection and create a new one?

user307

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2022
Also not quite sure on how to identify VPNs or proxies. Do you have a link to an extern resource? Thanks for the tip ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.