Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

efkyto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2023
I am an architecture and landscape photographer,I bought a Sony A7r V, I will mainly use Light Room, I will often use denoise, I wonder how long it takes to export, let's say, 10 photos in PNG format and how many in JPEG? How long does it take to denoise a 61mp photo? is it worth taking more memory? Choose only 1TB memory? is it not worth even thinking about 512gb? because very often you will need to connect an external ssd

I'm thinking I'll start editing videos in 8k later because I like the idea of how much zoom you can get with 8k on my computer, but mostly I think I'll shoot in 4k.

I'm thinking of a macbook 16 M2 Pro 16gb 1TB because the stores in my country where I want to go don't have the M3 Pro with 1TB, only the M2 Pro with 1TB, but the question is, is there a big percentage difference using it for the tasks I listed? or maybe it is still worth investing in more memory 32-36gb?? but the price goes up a lot, is it worth it? I read that the m3 battery lasts a little longer?? and screen brightness makes no difference???

Maybe someone has an idea why Apple doesn't make the new 16 pro models with spase gray color? why did they choose silver when it is significantly less popular! and the store consultant said people bought 70% more with space gray than simple silver, I don't really like the new space black model, that when viewed in certain lighting and certain angles it looks like just a black windows laptop, while space gray looks luxurious when viewed from all angles and it doesn't even remotely resemble with Windows laptops! If I wait, can I expect a new color, maybe in February? I don't understand Apple's strange decision not to give buyers the space gray color that everyone liked and it's amazing and popular.

Last edited:

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
For hi-res video and photography, I'd want 32GB of RAM and 1TB storage at least. 512GB will absolutely not be enough space.
I was never a fan of space gray- I think it doesn't wear well and is prone to fading.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.