Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loby

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
Hey, not sure what you mean, could you expand on that? Thinking of trying out Ventura too.
Came back to the thread after awhile, missed this comment:

I went back to Big Sur, but when I was on Ventura with OpenCore Patcher when I opened Power Management I was unable to adjust the power options, it was enabled (faded out so I could not move the button to “full power” on power adapter. Basically, whatever the power setting are set when upgrading from Big Sur to Ventura, the power management is set and cannot be changed. Might try again when OpenCore Patcher is updated again.

aespana

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2020
Came back to the thread after awhile, missed this comment:

I went back to Big Sur, but when I was on Ventura with OpenCore Patcher when I opened Power Management I was unable to adjust the power options, it was enabled (faded out so I could not move the button to “full power” on power adapter. Basically, whatever the power setting are set when upgrading from Big Sur to Ventura, the power management is set and cannot be changed. Might try again when OpenCore Patcher is updated again.
I think is related to the processor. With a Macbook 2017 model, there is no option to adjust a Low Power mode in Battery settings.

But, if you use a Macbook Pro 2017, the option is there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.