Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jesselorenawesome

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
Hi everyone, Im new here in the forums, I recently Installed mavericks on an unsupported macbook 4,1 (a1181) w/ the intel X3100 graphics chipset. I used the macpostfactor program, and stepped through a few different versions before I got to here. If anyone could give me some awesome pointers to get sleep and hibernate back working, that would be awesome.

Now if it isn't possible or someone does have a magical cli code, or kext, that would be great..... or point me in the right direction.....

What I am trying to accomplish is that when i close the lid or put it to sleep, that i can get to just resume and go back to what I was doing.

I noticed the other day, after I finished the install and had a chance to update, and to use it as i need it(iTunes for iPhone 6+, other than that, i am a luddite, i use a Mac Pro with lion) and i let it go on the table for a bit. The display went black as is common for the power saving, and i ended up having to hard reboot to get it resume. I figured i had done something stupid, but from what I read, that is an issue with unsupported macs.

Any help would be awesome......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.