Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlackHawk2394

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Hey Guys,

i got lately a used MB 4,1 for Free and want to get more into MacOS and the complete Apple Universe. I´ve already got a iPhone XR and a iPad Air (1st gen) and thought it would be a great idea.

In Windows Computers and Notebooks i have a quite good Knowledge but in Mac´s im a bloody rookie :)

At the moment i´ve run MacOS Lion (10.7.5) but want to upgrade it so that i can connect properly my iOS 12 Devices on it and use the Macbook more as my daily driver than my little Win10 Notebook.

I´ve tried already Yosemite on the Macbook but i had the Problem that i´ve hat several Graphic Issues and quite worse Performance than under Lion. With Lion it works really smooth but the Apps are quite outdated and i want to use it as a Daily Driver.

Now i had the Idea to Upgrade the Logic Board against a newer one to run properly a newer OS like Yosemite without any problems or Sierra, High Sierra or even better Mojave.

It hasn´t to be the most powerful Mac but it should run safe and clean without getting frustrated.

Is that even possible?

My Macbook is a Late 2008 with the 2.4 gHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM and i upgraded already the HDD and changed it to a 240GB SanDisk Ultra SSD.

I hope you can help.

Greetings from Germany

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
I personally wouldn’t recommend wasting your time with MacBook4,1.

To properly try a Mac, you really need MacBook5,1 or later bare minimum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.