Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rooivalk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2006
Finland
Hello.

I´m wondering if it makes any sense to install windows Xp Pro via bootcamp to Macbook with a 60GB hard drive. I have some 35GB free space now and the purpose to install Windows is that I would love to play Newerwinter Nights and the sequels to it. Does this make any sense and is this possible?. How big should the partiton for windows be to succeed?. I need free space for the OSX too.

I´m also considering buying a 100GB 7200.1 Seagate Momentum which I have heard works fine with Macbook. But thats the plan B.

Thanks.

Rooivalk.

One more thing. I know there is a mac version of Neverwinter Nights, but I already have the pc-version and I have windows not to mention some savegames from when I played the game with my now dumped pc.

So using bootcamp is the cheapest way to make this happen.

lewion

macrumors regular
May 31, 2006
Sydney
Rooivalk said:
Hello.

I´m wondering if it makes any sense to install windows Xp Pro via bootcamp to Macbook with a 60GB hard drive. I have some 35GB free space now and the purpose to install Windows is that I would love to play Newerwinter Nights and the sequels to it. Does this make any sense and is this possible?. How big should the partiton for windows be to succeed?. I need free space for the OSX too.

I´m also considering buying a 100GB 7200.1 Seagate Momentum which I have heard works fine with Macbook. But thats the plan B.

Thanks.

Rooivalk.

just use 15 gigabyte for windows ... highest 20. That'll do what you need.. You can install like 5 games then so i think thats enough..
For the rest you just use osx...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.