Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anirudh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
India
I have a black macbook. The trackpad and the palmrest have begun to get glossy. What do you suggest? A silicone cover or the invisible shield for the whole body and which brand? Any ways of removing the glossiness?

iBookfan

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2008
I have a black macbook. The trackpad and the palmrest have begun to get glossy. What do you suggest? A silicone cover or the invisible shield for the whole body and which brand? Any ways of removing the glossiness?

Do you have the 2.4 ghz model?

Well, I have a Moshi Palmguard for my black macbook 2.4.. And that nice, allthough I think it looks a bit silly 'cause you can obviously see that its on...

anirudh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
India
No, got the 2.16 Ghz model. So, which one would be better? a hard shell case or something like the invisible shield? I was thinking of sticking the invisible shield on the top and bottom and going for a silicone skin for the keyboard and the palm rest. ANy opinions?

JNB

macrumors 604
I've got a Speck clear for the exterior and a Moshi for the interior. Works great, looks fine, and I just use a Windex nap from time to time for the keys to get the skin oils clean. No worries. iKlear is great, but it's more a polish than a cleaner, keep that in mind.

Thetics

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2008
I just picked up the incase hardshell, i must say, build quality compared to spec is really worth the extra $$$. its snuck, ventilated, and the rubberized finish feels sooo nice.

anirudh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
India
Does the INCASE HARDSHELL compromise the looks of the Black Macbook? I mean, i dont want my machine to look all cheap and tacky. Plus, do i need it or is it a better choice if I go in for an INCASE NYLON SLEEVE?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.