Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrfabio

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
London
Hi,
I need/want an i7 cpu but don't need a quad core or a Macbook PRO (I hate the Touch Bar and the model without is not updated). Why the Macbook 12, which is retina and i7, is not updated yet? I want but I can't buy an Apple laptop now basing my personal preferences.
Any rumours about a Macbook PRO 13 without Touch Bar and with the current 8th generation Intel CPU and integrated graphic card? Or, even better, the Macbook Air, retina, with same i7?
Thanks

mbdownunder

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2012
I'm curious about why you "need" an i7 CPU. Will you be doing tasks that the i5 in the new MacBook Air can't handle?

Nbd1790

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2017
New York
I would think that an i7 MacBook Air would be likely when it receives a refresh (when that will actually happen is a complete mystery). Given that the Air is pretty much the newest in the model line currently, I would think you're at least a year out. The standard MacBook Pro without Touch Bar will likely receive an update before the Air does if I had to guess. If the standard MBP without TB is dropped because of the launch of the new MacBook Air, I would imagine that's when they would incorporate the i7 into the Air.

If you're in immediate need of a computer, I would have to recommend the MacBook Pro over the Air anyway. The price points aren't far from each other, and you'll certainly get more bang for your buck. Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.