Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nicorojas

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2003
Chile
So, I replace my MacBook Air Rev. A for a Rev. C (2.13, 128 SSD). I'm more than happy with the performance increase, not so with the graphics.

I got the lines. They do not bother me, as you can hardly seen them. However, I use the MacBook at the office, hooked to a 17" VGA monitor (Viewsonic 1280x1024, 75 Hz) with the Apple VGA-MiniDisplayPort adapter. I never had any problems with my old Macbook Air, but now I'm seeing flickering and I think the display is not as sharp as before.

If I use the computer in clam shell, only with the external, the flickering goes away. Also, I haven't detected any flickering if I boot in Windows 7 (although I haven't used it much).

Does anybody had experienced anything similar? Next week I'll try Snow Leopard and check if it improves the situation.

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
I use my Rev. B MBA with the an Apple 20" cinema display and have never seen any issues like you've described.

Is the connection between the monitor and your MBA secure? Do you always have the MBA plugged in to AC power when connected to the external display?

nicorojas

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2003
Chile
Yes and yes...I always use the macbook plugged when in the office and I try my best to make a secure connection betwen the adapter and the monitor cable.

The thing that really bothers me is that the problem seems to be minor or inexistent in Windows 7.

Are NVidia drivers better under Windows?

Does anybody has seen a difference in graphic performance under Snow Leopard?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.